Client Referral Form
Request Brochures to Be Delivered to You
End-of-Life Care Resources
Below are helpful end-of-life care resources, links and documents that you can share with your clients.
- The Pathway to Care Assessment Form- Allows your clients to evaluate their pet’s condition objectively and monitor it over time.
- TeleAdvice Appointment- An opportunity for your clients to connect with one of our end-of-life care veterinary professionals through video conferencing to provide guidance on next best steps for their companion.
- What to Expect at an In-Home Euthanasia Appointment Article
- Creating a Bucket List for Your Beloved Pet Article
- Preparing for the Loss of a Pet Article
Grief Support Services
- Individual Phone and Face to Face Appointments
- Ceremony Planning
- Anticipatory Grief Support
- For a client to request a callback, please contact our office at 720-287-2553 and our team will have our Grief Support Specialist, Mandi Browning get back to you within 48 hours.
Join Our Hospital Partnership Program
Since 2010, we have provided compassionate in home end-of-life care for families and their companion animals along the Colorado Front Range. We have been so grateful for your referrals over the years and we have launched this partnership program to give back to our referring hospitals and broaden our support for families.
Our Hospital Partnership Program allows us to offer discounts and continuing education to partner hospitals, aid in client retention, and reduce burnout and compassion fatigue among staff. It also creates a more seamless referral process for your patients in their end-of-life journey.
Benefits for Your Hospital
- Did you know that research suggests 20–25% of pet owners change vets after pet bereavement? (Compassion Understood, 2020).
- Referring end-of-life cases to Caring Pathways may increase client retention following the loss of a beloved pet.
- End-of-life care in the home environment can greatly reduce stress for your clients and patients.
- Referring end-of-life cases may also reduce compassion fatigue and burnout among your staff.
- We offer discounts and end of life continuing education to our partner hospitals. This includes online or in-person training by members of our team including our Chief Medical Officer, Dr. Kathleen Cooney, CHPV, CCFP.
- We are committed to referring clients back to your hospital for recommended diagnostic testing and procedures.
A Testimonial From a Veterinary Professional
“Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is so difficult and sad. As a veterinarian, I have assisted many clients with this transition for their wonderful pets. But when it came time for my sweet girl, Poppy, I needed help so that I could just be present as her mom through the process.
Caring Pathways was great to work with, from the first phone call through their communications in the days after our loss. Dr. Gina Singleton was amazing in her compassion for my family (both pets and people), her professionalism and her consummate skills in giving Poppy a painless and peaceful passing.
I will confidently recommend Caring Pathways and Dr. Singleton to friends, family and clients and I’m so grateful that this service is available in our community. I extend my deepest gratitude to everyone at Caring Pathways.”
– Dr. Lisa McCarthy, Owner, Midtown Veterinary Medical Center in Fort Collins
Contact Dr. Chelsea McGivney, Caring Pathways General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about our Hospital Partnership Program.
We are honored to have walked with over 10,000 pet families with our end-of-life pet care services in 2022.
Sign up for Our Newsletter
Get the latest updates from our team, end-of-life care resources, and information about Caring Pathways events in our communities.
Request a Lunch and Learn
Let us bring you lunch! We would love to visit you and your staff to share more about who we are and how we can help pet’s in their end-of-life journey.
Join Our Family
Do you long for a deeper connection with the clients that you serve? Our supportive culture enables veterinarians to deliver excellent end-of-life medical care while serving all involved with compassion. Our veterinarians appreciate focusing on the quality of heartfelt connections with families and their pets without being rushed.
Conferences and Event Calendar for 2023
- Furry Scurry hosted by the Denver Dumb Friends League (May 6th)
- Fire Hydrant 5k hosted by the Larimer Humane Society (June 3rd)
- AVMA/CVMA Conference (July 14th -18th)
- The 5th Annual National Pet Memorial Day Event (September 10th)
- IAAHPC Conference (September 28th – October 1st, 2023)